Like any other device, your electric scooter/ Personal Mobility Device (PMD) should properly be taken cared of to remain in good working condition. Here are some to general tips for you.
IMPORTANT: Before performing any maintenance work or check-up on your electric scooter, make sure to turn the POWER OFF, and have DISCONNECTED THE CHARGER’S POWER CORD.
- Dust all exposed parts of your scooter using a soft, smooth, dry cloth.
- Clean with a cloth dampened with liquid detergent or glass cleaner.
- Wipe the scooter seats with soft disinfectant wipes.
- Avoid getting electrical components wet. Gently dust instead.
- Do not spray water or liquid cleaners directly onto the scooter.
- Do not use wax, oil or harsh cleaners.
- When done, wipe the e-scooter gently with dry cloth until it dries.
- Drape a cover over your e-Scooter to protect it against dust build-up.
- Check tire threads daily for wear. Replace thinning tires.
- Check the upholstery for areas that may irritate your skin.
- Check battery power. Always remember to re-charge when battery is low and replace damaged batteries to avoid further damage on the device.
- Adjust moveable parts such as steering tiller, wheels, seat, levers, etc., to ensure consistent functioning.
- AVOID riding your scooter on rainy days, and/ or if the streets are wet because this may submerge the electric system of your e-scooter, in result may injure you or damage the device.
- AVOID overcharging the battery, especially leaving it to charge overnight.
- When charging such batteries, place them on hard, flat surfaces to allow optimal dissipation of heat.
- DO NOT place the charging battery near combustible materials.